Central African Gold has a responsibility to operate in a manner that ensures the continuing health and safety of its employees and community members. In addition, our operating methods are designed to exceed ESG standards relating to all environmental, social and governance obligations.
Work in mineral exploration and development is inherently risky unless proper procedures are put in place and adopted on a day to day basis. We work continually to improve our safety record by ensuring the importance of following safety best practices is communicated to and understood by all of our employees, contractors, consultants, and suppliers. We require any one working in or for our operations to acknowledge their understanding of our policies and practices through a formal sign-off procedure. We audit our employees and contractors to ensure that all field operations meet our health and safety procedures and policies.
Specifically, we seek to control and limit safety hazards and minimize worker injury.
A code of conduct has been adopted by our company in an effort to provide written standards and guidance to the company’s directors, officers, employees and consultants to promote:
1. Designing and executing safety training programs so that our health and safety
practices are adopted by all employees and contractors.
2. Continually monitoring our operations to identify deficiencies and use these to
improve our practices for the future.
3. Staying abreast of industry best practices to ensure that we learn from
practices adopted by others in our industry.
4. Working alongside our contractors, consultants, and suppliers to create and
maintain a safer working environment.
5. Adopting and enforcing an alcohol and drug-free policy in all our operations.
6. Adopting and enforcing labour practices which do not involve the exploitation
of child or woman labour
7. Communicating the results of our efforts openly to all stakeholders as part of
our policy of transparency.